Saturday Stats: out of first place
For the first time since 27 May the Red Sox dropped out of first place after a 6-0 loss to the Orioles, let’s take a look at some of the statistics which may give some insight into their recent struggles.
- In July Dustin Pedroia has hit .225
- In his last 7 games – against AL East division rivals New York, Tampa and Baltimore – Pedroia has hit .111.
- In 43 games played against the AL East Pedroia’s triple-slash line is .278/.352/.355 with 8 doubles, 1 triple and 1 home run.
- From 1 April to 30 June Jose Iglesias hit .409 but in July he’s hit .208.
- Stephen Drew is 1-15 since his return on July 20.
- The Red Sox have scored 3 runs or fewer in 40 games this season and have lost 32 of them.
- In 43 games where the Sox have scored 6 or more runs they’ve lost on just three occasions.
- In their last 10 games the Red Sox have been shut out 3 times and have scored 6 or more runs twice.
- In those 10 games the Sox run differential is -10 (it’s +82 for the season).