Saturday Stats: Pedroia vs Cano
The rivalry continues tonight with the Red Sox looking to bounce back from a tough night at the plate against CC Sabathia, and again eyes will be on the battle of 2nd base – Pedroia vs Cano.
- Only Texas (197), Atlanta (193) and St Louis (178) have allowed fewer runs to score against them than the Yankees.
- Only Baltimore (280) have scored more runs than the Boston Red Sox (275).
- Dustin Pedroia has been the WAR leader for the Red Sox in 2 of the last 5 seasons and also currently leads the 2013 team.
- Pedroia is currently ranked 4th in batting average in the majors, hitting .336 – behind Joey Votto (.340), Jean Segura (.354) and Miguel Cabrera (.372).
- Pedroia is one of only three Red Sox players currently hitting over .300, he’s joined by David Ortiz (.333) and Jose Iglesias (.435) – neither of whom currently have enough at-bats to qualify for the MLB batting average rankings.
- Robinson Cano has been the WAR leader for the Yankees in 2 of the last 5 seasons and also currently leads the 2013 team.
- Cano is currently ranked 5th in home runs in the majors with 14 – behind Domonic Brown (15), Edwin Encarnacion (15), Miguel Cabrera (16) and Chris Davis (19).
- Cano is one of only two yankees to hit double digit home runs so far, the other being Vernon Wells (10).